Monday, April 23, 2012

Broccoli Salad

Broccoli has grown on me over the last few months... figuratively of course. Maybe my body is craving it, or my taste buds are changing, but I seem to want it quite often which is a new development. Here is my latest broccoli creation. So easy, and so yummy.

1 large head of broccoli
2 T. Lemon Juice
2-3 T. Olive Oil
2 tsp Braggs liquid aminos
1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds (not roasted or salted)
Dried Cranberries to taste (I used one sweetened with apple juice- careful not to get once loaded with extra junk)

Chop Broccoli into small florets and put in large bowl. Add Lemon, Olive oil and aminos. Massage liquids into broccoli until it becomes tender. Mix in remaining ingredients and set aside for 10-20 minutes to marinate. Enjoy!

*you'll notice this is a relatively small recipe- you can easily double it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment