The easiest way to aid your body in it's natural progression of elimination is to drink water upon rising and eat or drink fruit for breakfast. Never eat fruit with anything else or it will ferment in your stomach. (wait 30-45 minutes before eating anything else as a general rule).
Some great choices in the morning are:
- Fruit (plain and simple fruit, anything you like and as much as you like)
- Fruit smoothie (frozen fruit with almond or coconut milk): most blenders will be able to handle this. If your blenders can't handle frozen fruit you could always do this with non frozen fruit or half frozen half unfrozen. This is what I had every morning before I got my much loved Vita-mix
- Green smoothie: in my opinion this is the ultimate fuel to start the day. If you have a high speed blender such as a blendtech or vita-mix this smoothie is a cinch (if you don't you may end up with chunks of spinach- not too tasty).
- 2 C. frozen fruit of choice
- Water - enough to almost be level with frozen fruit (add more if needed- or use less for thicker smoothie)
- 2 C. dark leafy green of choice (spinach is mild and a good one to start with. My personal favorite is Kale.)
- Blend and enjoy
This is my breakfast nearly every day. It's amazing how the fruit hides the "green" taste. I am normally hungry again within a couple of hours so I eat more fruit. Ideally I eat only fruit until lunch time. I have found I have more energy and feel much better with this regimen. If I really want something more substantial I will eat nuts, raw veggies, and some Ezekiel bread. some other healthy raw snack.