Tuesday, January 3, 2012

I eat dessert when I'm sick

Because processed suger shuts down your immune system, I made sure to stay away from sweets when I was sick. However, many raw desserts actually build your immune system.  Now, if I feel a bit under the weather and I want some fudge...I eat it. Coconut oil and raw honey build your immune system. Both of these ingredients are in my favorite one minute fudge. The raw cheesecake from the Rawtarian is also pack full of nutrients. How something so delicious can come from coconut oil, cashews, macadamia nuts, raw honey, dates, and lemon juice I've yet to figure out. (It really is good. I made this for my family at Christmas and it was a hit.)

Now when I eat a dessert I feel really good about it because I am feeding my body good things and building my immune system. I would feel no shame to eat cheesecake for a meal. In fact- I have done it.

Eat more dessert!

1 comment: